Thursday, August 18, 2005

Bye-bye Hawaii... Hello east coast!

Yesterday we moved away from Hawaii, where I've lived for the last five years and 14 days. My husband has a new job in New Jersey, so we're en route, staying the night in a hotel just off I-95 in Maryland.

Why are we staying in Maryland if we are moving from Hawaii to New Jersey? Well, that's because our car was staying at Dulles International Airport of course!

And to make things more interesting, our car happened to run out of gas as my husband backed it half way out of the parking space it inhabited during the last six days. Oh well, that hurdle cost only a couple hours of our time and a rental car to sort things out.

I miss Hawaii very much, of course. The year-round beautiful weather, the view from our lanai of the big pink hospital nestled at the foot of the Ko'olaus, and fun adventures with all of our friends. I can't wait till we can go back and visit!

No comments: