Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Joys of Home-Ownership, Part III

Today we made a decision regarding which tree service company will get our business.

Since my last post, I met with both Guy from Trusty Tree and Jeff from Tree Tech Inc. to obtain revised estimates for taking down both the leaning tree (our original concern), and the decaying tree next to the garage. Tree Tech Inc. won out.

Aside from the $600-700 difference in price (depending on whether or not we have the tree stump ground out), I feel more comfortable having Tree Tech Inc. do the job. Jeff impressed me as being very professional and friendly in his manner. For the most part, I could say the same for Guy. But Guy struck me as being a little bit too chummy, and something about that rubs me the wrong way.

So Jeff has taken my signed estimate back to the office with him, and he's going to try to set something up for a couple Tuesdays from now, or earlier, depending on whether he can get use of Tree Tech's small crane before then. In the meantime, I still need to mail all of our neighbors to let them know we are taking the trees down.

No comments: