Friday, August 08, 2008

Smoothie of the Day

On every day since Monday I have been making a fruit smoothie for myself. The first one was super yummy so I blogged about it. I thought perhaps I would blog about any new ones I make that actually taste good. The ones I made on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I didn't think were all that special so I didn't blog about them. One I tried putting oranges in with a little bit of orange zest; that came out too bitter. Yesterday's had too much ginger in it. Another one I experimented with adding some spices, but decided I was a little heavy-handed with them. But today I think I got my smoothie just right:

  • 1 carrot, peeled
  • 1 nectarine, peeled & seeded
  • 1 orange, peeled & seeded (no zest!)
  • 1/4 inch of ginger root, peeled, minced and pounded to death
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
Yep. Stuck everything in the food processor (thanks again MomM) and pulverized it all. Yummy. Perhaps next time I'll remember to take a picture before it's gone!

No comments: