Sunday, September 07, 2008

Chipmunk!

Ok, so I lied. I have one picture that was taken with Kenji's new camera.

This cute little chipmunk was sitting on the stone wall outside my mommy and daddy's house on the Friday morning before Labor Day. Kenji and I were on our way up to Maine to visit with some of my old friends from high school... sort of a 20 year reunion of close buddies only. Anyway Kenji and I drove up to Massachusetts on Thursday evening and spent the night at my folks' house. Then we drove the rest of the way to Kennebunkport on Friday afternoon.

When I was a little girl, I always wanted to catch a chipmunk and make it my pet. I would try to do that by slowly and quietly approaching chipmunks sitting on our stone wall. Well it never worked. Kenji only managed to get within about 15 feet of this guy, but I cropped out the rest of the photo so it looks like was right up close. :)

No comments: