Saturday, January 13, 2007

Best Mac and Cheese Ever

Today, Kenji and I went into the city on a secret mission. Finding a parking space in the East Village was a challenge, so we were very hungry when we finally got out of the car.

We were quite pleased to find Sarita's Macaroni & Cheese right across the street from where we parked. As you can imagine, this little eatery, also know as S'MAC, has many, many kinds of macaroni & cheese. And it's real, real tasty.

Kenji had the Cajun:


Cheddar & Pepper Jack cheeses, andouille sausage, green pepper, onions, celery, garlic and, of course, some genuine Cajun seasoning.

And I had the Brie:


Creamy Brie, roasted figs, roasted shiitake mushrooms & fresh rosemary. The menu says it's addictive. I am addicted. Lucky for my waistline I don't live or work anywhere near the East Village.

1 comment:

K-Zook said...

I don't think the cheese was made out of powder. It therefore wasn't like how I remember from yesteryear (or yesterday for that matter considering I live in a hotel room).