Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Nori

Last Monday I went to a job fair that was in our town. There weren't any jobs there that I was particularly interested in or qualified for, but nevertheless, the event resulted in me scheduling two interviews. Because I want to start my own business, I'd prefer to get a part time job if any, and both of these were for full time positions. The first one I ended up canceling. I nearly did the same with the second because I nearly forgot about it until it was too late. ;) I remembered about it at 9:30am, thinking it was to be at 10:00am - turns out it was really scheduled for 11:30am, so I still had plenty of time to get ready.

Funny though that I nearly forgot about the interview - because it turned out they forgot about me! When I got there, the president of the company apologized for neglecting to tell me that they'd already hired someone for the position last week!! Well - they seem a little disorganized, so I suppose I wouldn't want to work for them anyway. Not to mention that even if they offered me the position, it's likely I would have declined.

But the trip out to Florham Park wasn't all for naught. It gave me a chance to explore someplace new, and in doing so, I found two nice grocery stores (the Shop Rite we normally go to kind of sucks) - King's, and right next to it, a Trader Joe's. Yay!

Now getting to the title of this post - King's is the first place here where I've found nori! It was darn expensive though, at $5.29 per package! I don't remember how much nori cost in Hawaii, but I'm quite sure it wasn't that much. On my way home, I also checked the little healthy food store that is nearby our house. They had nori this time, but it was even more expensive than King's - $7.92!!! But at least the lady at that store said she'll order some more reasonably priced nori for me, and call to let me know when it comes in. Then I'll have all the parts I need for making spam musubi. =)

FYI - I think it's cute that Blogger's spell check wants to replace "musubi" with "massif".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrsssssssshhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

We miss you here in Hawaii. But enjoying your blogs! Cool you want to start your own business too girl - I talk to you more, and soon.

~alicia