Sunday, December 04, 2005

First Snow

This was the view we woke up to this morning at 7:30 a.m. Well... actually it's the view from our bedroom window at about 1:00 p.m. - so some of the snow we first saw had already melted before I took the photo.

Figures the day it decides to finally snow here is the same morning that I wanted to get up early and go get some holiday shopping done. The reason I wanted to go on this day in particular is because I've taken a seasonal job with Crate & Barrel, and this morning they opened up the store early for employees only, so we could do some holiday shopping while the store was not busy with real shoppers.

But we didn't let the snow daunt us - we got up, shovelled the snow off our driveway and sidewalk, brushed off the car and went. I've made many trips between Hartford and central Massachusetts in much worse weather than this - I figured we could manage the five or so miles from home to the Short Hills Mall.

So that was our excitement for the day. My first drive on snowy, slick roads in almost six years. We're not dead or injured, the car doesn't have any additional scratches on it, and the all-season tires maybe actually are all-season, not just all-Hawaii-season tires. ;)

No comments: