Sunday, December 25, 2005

Waiting Up for Santa

It's the wee hours of Christmas morning, and I am waiting up to see Santa drop by.

Ok, the real story is that Russ has to work an overnight shift from midnight till 8:00 a.m., and I'm trying to stay awake for as much of that shift as I can, so that the two of us can have the same amount of sleepiness later on today.

Because Russ has to work this crazy shift, and I have to work at Crate & Barrel tomrorow, we are unable to make it up to Massachusetts to spend Christmas with my folks. So that's kind of a bummer.

Anyway, the agenda for these wee hours has included doing some laundry (already on the second of three loads), and giving Spammy a bath. We just finished the bath I gave him (this is part of his ringworm treatment), and now he's sitting beside me on the couch, taking his own post-bath bath. He's actually sitting in the crumpled up towel I used to help dry him off, which is on top of Musubi, who I think is letting him sit on top of her for moral support. It's cute how she always looks after him, even though he always tries to beat her up when they play.

In a few minutes, I'm going to go to the car and get out the last of the gifts I picked up for Russ today - I've been hiding it in the trunk. This afternoon, I stopped by Crate & Barrel and dropped off a bunch of cookies and scones for the folks that had to work today. While I was at the mall, I also went to the Walking Company and picked up a pair of nice warm slippers for Russ - one of the things he specifically mentioned that he wanted for Christmas. They are real slippers - not Hawaii-kine slippahs that mainlanders call flip-flops. The other day I also picked up a tool chest for Russ's power tools, since I stole the big bucket he was using to store them because we needed it to hold our empty containers for recycling. And the last thing I got him was a gift certificate for a one-hour massage. I'd better hold off on publishing this post till after Russ comes home, just in case he's bored at work, and decides to read my blog, which I kind of doubt he'll do, but better to be safe, heh.

I also have a movie to watch - Man on the Train. It has subtitles, so I have to pay attention if I want to know what's going on!

But for now, some pictures of our first Christmas living in New Jersey:

This evening... well I guess it was last evening already... we drove into NYC just to visit the big Christmas tree in Rockerfeller Center. Russ played toursit snapping pictures out the window of the car while I drove. :)

Along our way wading through the crowd to get to Rockerfeller Center, we saw a giant snowstorm, with giant snowflakes! :D

As you can see, we accomplished our goal. :) Here's the big tree.

And here are the skaters!

Russ watching the big TV outside the window at the NBC store.

And we passed Radio City Music Hall along our way back to the car.

We tried to take a picture of ourselves with Radio City Music Hall in the background, but I guess that didn't work out very well.

Ok, I'm finally finishing up this post at 3:45 a.m. I'm getting pretty tired, but I'm still going to try to watch the movie I rented. I want to try to make it till at least 6:00 a.m. before I go to sleep. We'll see!

No comments: