Thursday, May 25, 2006

Job Perks

I just started a new part-time job. It's with a company called The Run-A-Ton Group, Inc. Among the several brands they have, Wholly Wholesome is the one I do the most work on as their Marketing Assistant. Tonight I got to bring home one of their bake at home cherry pies. I baked it, and it's really yummy. :) Sometimes we also have to bake cookies for donating to various charity and community events. The rule is if you bake cookies for an event, you have to bake some extra for the staff. I think that's a pretty cool job perk.

At Crate and Barrel, of course there is the employee discount on their merchandise. Also, if I make a single sale of $1K or more, I get to pick out one item valued up to $10 to take home. This perk is a perk offered by our particular store, rather than a corporate-wide perk.

When I worked for HTDC, I think my favorite perk was getting to ride in a black hawk helicopter that one time. That was way cool. Then I also got to meet ambassadors and other dignitaries from small southeast Asian nations. The vacation days weren't bad either. Plus working in Manoa was nice. But most of all the people were super cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry i didn't get to say goodbye to you! good luck in all your future endeavors...and feel free to bring me some pie :) i'll miss you!

lisa
p.s. are you coming to the party today?