Saturday, May 10, 2008

Busted Building

Last night I went to go dance to the Blue Vipers of Brooklyn in Whippany, and then went to the diner with a bunch of people for a chocolate peanut butter milkshake and some fries.

Around 2:00 a.m. I was just about home when I pulled up to the intersection at the end of our block and saw a white SUV all cock-eyed in the road, with its front end up on the sidewalk.

At first it just looked like the vehicle had just pulled up onto the corner of the sidewalk, and I wondered if they were going to try to rob the little deli that's there - though I can't imagine a little deli would have something worth stealing during off-hours. But as I pulled past the SUV I could see that the building had a big fat dent in it! It looked like the SUV had its reverse lights on and then off. I wasn't sure whether the driver was just going to try to pull away, so I called the police. They came within 30 seconds and so I thought that was a pretty good response time.

I feel bad for the people who own the deli since they are going to have a hard time doing business with the corner of the building all broken the way it is. I don't feel bad for the driver of the SUV... was probably a drunken schmuck.

2 comments:

Topher Polack said...

Maybe the driver wasn't a drunk.

Maybe he was a vigilante sworn to do battle with the evil deli owner who puts his victims' remains in the luncheon meats.

Betchca didn't think of that.

mochichick said...

Mmm...mmmm... is that why their luncheon meats taste so good???!