Friday, April 27, 2007

Belkin Class Action Suit

Today I received an email telling me about a class action suit against Belkin for wireless products sold between October 2002 and February 2007. I guess Belkin forgot to mention on their packaging that data transfer rates could be lower than what they claimed, so now they are being sued. We bought a couple of Belkin wireless products last year (a router and a notebook card), and it turns out they both qualify for a full refund, which will amount to just under $100.

But what I find truly amazing is that we still have the receipts, AND I was able to find them in less than 30 seconds. I am not much of a receipt-keeper, and those receipts I do keep, I donʻt usually take the time to organize.

Anyway, if you purchased any Belkin wireless products during the last five years, make sure you go check out the details of the class action suit:

  • The notice is here.
  • Settlement claim information is here.
  • The table of qualifying products and their SKUs is here.
  • The online claim form is here.

No comments: