Saturday, April 01, 2006

Happy Birthday Hanneh

Last night Kenji and I drove up to Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack, New York to meet some other new people from the NJYP group. A girl named Hanneh organized an unofficial event at the Dave and Buster's, which is located inside the mall. We haven't been to a Dave and Buster's since we lived in Hawaii, so it was fun to check a new one out.

First of all, the Palisades Center Mall is the biggest fricken mall I've ever been to, ever. It is so big, it has a ferris wheel inside! It's very gray and industrial looking interior sort of made me feel like I was in a Pearl Ridge Mall (downtown side) on steroids. Major steroids. And I hear this mall isn't even the largest one in the state of New York! Just to make this mall even more weird, as we drove out of the mall, I noticed that they built the mall pretty much right into the edge of a big cemetery! It wasn't just next to a cemetery, it's like the Palisades Center mall is an obnoxiously huge grave stone! :P

Anyway, the reason Hanneh organized this small gathering was because it was her 28th birthday. We met her and a few other people she already knew from NJYP at 8 o'clock. Sitting at a nice long table just outside the bar area, we had a lot of food and nice conversation, then followed by a couple hours of game playing. I think we nearly closed down the place, not leaving till 2 a.m. Kenji and Hanneh were really getting into the video poker. I tried to get a nice picture of us together, but as you can see, Kenji was too busy to look. :P

No comments: