Saturday, March 11, 2006

Watchung Reservation Hike

Blog posts are much easier if I just show pictures. ;)

After a nice late night out at the Whippany swing dance, followed by some food at the Brookside Diner, I got up (sort of) early this morning to meet some people for a hike in Watchung Reservation. It was myself with my hiking buddy, Jason, along with his friend Kylie, and her two friends Andy and Amy. So it was nice to spend some time with some new folks.

We hiked maybe five or six miles. Along the way, we spotted...

... a turtle (actually saw three, but the other two slipped back into the water before I could get a picture)...


... some water falling over a dam ...


... a pre-revolutionary grave yard (this was the only stone that appeared to be original from way back when) ...

... a little pond covered in algae ...


... more algae piled up just beyond the tiny little dam ...


... and some glacial erratics! (Note the sign is right next to some cinder blocks...very glacially erratic I think.)

No comments: