Sunday, July 01, 2007

Light Bulbs on Parade

Back in July 2001, Kenji took me on my first visit to Seattle. That summer Seattle was had Pigs on Parade, and something like 150 large fiberglass decorated pigs scattered all over the city. It was like going on an Easter egg hunt - we managed to find 50 or 60 of them. We took turns posing for a picture with each pig, and I made a little photo album of all the pigs.

Yesterday, we discovered that the town of West Orange, where Thomas Edison had his laboratories all those years ago, now has a series of 20 giant fiberglass decorated light bulbs (and this one cow with heads all over it) scattered all around town. I don't think the exhibit is called Lightbulbs on Parade, but that's what I'm going to call it. The exhibit is part of an awareness campaign to remind residents to conserve energy. The irony was not lost on me as we drove our car all around West Orange, hunting for these light bulbs. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There were cows all over Boston last summer. Then someone rounded them all up and they're gone now...